Submit an Article!
Hupit Gaming accepts opinion articles on any gaming related topic.
- All articles should be original and entirely your own work. Although quotes from other sources may be necessary for context, plagiarism (theft of written work) is not acceptable. Please cite all sources in your article (where appropriate).
- Submissions should be spelling/grammar checked and proof read before sending. Please be aware that your work may be edited prior to being published. Articles should be entirely text only, no HTML or other code.
- An article should normally be between 500-1000 words in length, on average. Articles are a different beast to forum posts and need to be coherent, cohesive and fully explore a topic.
- By submitting an article to hupitgaming.com you are permitting Hupit Gaming LLC a non-exclusive license (not copyright) to display, promote, or modify your article and the information in the submission form herein, in whole or in part, in any form or format now in existence or yet to be invented, on hupitgaming.com and its affiliate and partner sites and networks. Copyright of submitted articles remains with the author.
- You can create an image and thumbnail specific to your article. Please use the templates provided. Download blank images from here
- Articles should be informative, engaging, and/or entertaining.
- Please avoid old and tired subjects that even the dead horse has started flogging (e.g. MW2 OMA/DC/noob tubes).
- Ideally articles should be on a positive slant, even when discussing a seemingly negative subject (or amusing if they can't be).
- Assume that your reader has no knowledge of the subject you are writing about at the beginning of the article. Especially when describing specific aspects of your subject.
Some of the benefits of providing content
- Free advertising/Bring traffic to your site
Your author bio box is your tool to promote your own website and personal brand that can be used to generate visitors to your website. Remember, the people who read your article may want to read more!
- Boost your personal and business credibility:
Publishing your articles on increases your credibility as an opinion writer and begins the trust cycle with your readership. For many authors, expanded your publishing base is an excellent way to get started, especially if you are hoping to be a author someday.
- Become part of a great community
The Hupit community is generally very supportive and diverse. Your audience can easily reach you, without you giving up your privacy. We will soon begin rolling out many new community features that will make it even easier for you to interact with your fellow Hupiteers should you become a successful writer for Hupit.
All submissions for the time being should be sent to:
Put the title of your article as the subject line, remember to include an article image(s) and thumbnail.
We read all submissions promptly and will contact you within a few days if we are going to publish your article. If you have not heard from us within a week, please assume that we will not be able to publish your article. Given the volume of submissions we receive, we regret that in most cases we are unable to contact you if we are unable to publish your article.